ECHA has published new support pages and an introductory guide “Chemical safety in your business – Introduction for SMEs” [pdf, 1.65MB] helping companies which are not yet familiar with the European chemicals legislation to understand their obligations. The web pages provide easy step-by-step information in 23 EU languages for manufacturers, importers, distributors and users of chemicals as well as only representatives. There is also information for companies using biocides or trading hazardous chemicals.
The guide is especially useful for small and medium-sized enterprises. It gives an overview of the EU chemicals legislation and how to get started in understanding it and complying with it. The publication provides links to potential EU and national funding for companies and lists useful sources of information.
You can help us reach out to new companies by sharing this information.
Table of Contents “Chemical safety in your business – Introduction for SMEs”
1. THE RULES FOR MANUFACTURING, MARKETING AND USE OF CHEMICALS IN THE EU
- 1.1 Which chemicals are covered?
- 1.2 Who has to comply?
- 1.3 The REACH Regulation – How does it work?
- 1.4 The CLP Regulation – How does it work?
- 1.5 The Biocidal Products Regulation – How does it work?
- 1.6 What are the deadlines?
2. HOW TO FIND YOUR WAY THROUGH THE EU CHEMICALS LEGISLATION
- 2.1 Find out which of the requirements apply to you
- 2.2 Know you are not alone
- 2.3 Ways to reduce your costs
- 2.4 From legal obligations to business opportunities
- Annex I: New CLP pictograms, which pictograms on which products
- Annex II: Biocidal product-types
- Annex III: Useful Resources for SMEs
- Annex IV: Check EU and national funding