Ireland’s largest gathering of senior management from the pharmaceutical manufacturing sector will convene on Aviva Stadium tomorrow to attend the Future in Pharmaceuticals Ireland event. Over 250 representatives from the Irish pharmaceutical sector will listen to industry leaders discussing the important aspect of sustainability within this important employment sector.
Ronan McGlade (Event Organiser) says; “It is fantastic to see that each and every manufacturing organisation has recognised the importance of sustainability and allocated a representative to attend. I know of no other pharmaceutical event that has brought together a representative from every pharmaceutical processor within Ireland and in my opinion that is testament to the importance of energy efficiencies and environmental policies within one of our leader export sectors!”
The theme of the event is sustainability within the pharmaceutical processing and manufacturing sector and this topic has never been more important! For many years larger organisations have been realising the fact that environmental policies and energy efficiencies within processing is directly related to the bottom line! Reducing energy costs, carbon footprint and waste during the process of pharmaceuticals can have a significant impact on the profitability of a facility. Additionally, as pharmaceutical manufacturers and their clients supply chains becomes more and more entwined they find themselves under increased pressure to reduce their carbon footprint.
- Significant financial savings can be achieved through increased energy efficiency. (OFGEM forecast energy prices to rise by 20% by 2020)
- Enhanced marketing opportunities. Making your business and brands stand out from the crowd.
- Sustainability encompasses some of the most robust energy management systems, enabling continual improvements on energy performance.
- Reducing carbon footprint and carbon tax.
- Reduced reliance on suppliers through improved waste & water management.
- Adoption of ISO9001, ISO14001 & ISO50001.
- Ensure best practice and culture within your processing facility.