IBEC has been Ireland’s national coordinator of the European Business Awards for the Environment (www.ebae.eu ) since 2000. The Ibec Environment Awards 2013/2014 will take place in Ibec, Baggot Street 29 November 2013. This will be an opportunity to recognise the achievements of Irish companies that combine innovation, financial savings and environmental concerns and to promote their work at both a national and international level as the winners and runners-up will be selected to compete in the European Awards 2014 which are run by the European Commission.
The IBEC environment awards are held every two years and are supported by the Department of Environment, Community and Local Government and by Future in Pharmaceuticals Ireland, a one day conference on sustainability in the pharmaceutical sector, 26 February 2014.
The awards provide an excellent opportunity to showcase your company’s on-going corporate social responsibility efforts. They will also provide a platform for companies to showcase their initiatives as well as an opportunity to learn from best practices and to be recognised for environmental cost saving work undertaken within your company in the last two years.
The awards are open to all, are free to enter. Closing date for entry is Monday 21 October at 5.30pm.
There are four categories to compete in:
- Management award: for commitment to environmental management systems.
- Product and services award: for the development or implementation of a new product or service that is environmentally efficient.
- Process award: for the development or implementation of production solutions that makes an outstanding contribution to sustainable development i.e. a change in your business process to provide cost savings, efficiency and to benefit the environment.
- International business cooperation award: business relationship involving at least one private entity from the European Union, and another from the private, public, non-governmental and academic sector in a developing or emerging country which makes a significant contribution to one or more of the three elements of sustainable development
.Winners in 2011/2012 include:
- Vodafone for the Green Agenda “Goodbye paper bills, hello trees”;
- Larkin Engineering for their eco-redesign of its 120 litre jumbo bin;
- Roadstone Wood for their redesign of the pumping process in their quarry resulting in savings in electricity consumption.
An overall Environmental Excellence Award will be chosen from among the winners of the other four categories.
Contact Anne Murphy for more information:
- IBEC Environment Awards 2013.pdf – [pdf, 1.05MB]
- Terms and Conditions of Entry.doc – [pdf, 2.9MB]
- Category 1-Management Award.doc – [pdf, 3.0MB]
- Category 2 – Product & Services Award.doc – [pdf, 3.0MB]
- Category 3 – Process Award.doc – [pdf, 3.0MB]
- Category 4 – International Business Cooperation Award.doc – [pdf,