“A clean, healthy and well protected environment is a vital asset in its own right and also lies at the heart of economic recovery,” says Laura Burke, EPA Director General, at the release of the EPA’s review of 2012. The Statement, A Year in Review, sets out progress made in 2012 in the following priority areas:
* Developing a new Statement of Strategy;
* Re-energising the public on the value and importance of our environment;
* Helping businesses and organisations to grow in a more sustainable and resource efficient way;
* Implementing the recommendations of the independent Review Body of the EPA;
* Delivering a solution to Kerdiffstown Landfill site;
* Using technology to further improve delivery of EPA outcomes.
Laura Burke concludes: “2012 was another busy and challenging year for the EPA in which we continued to deliver on our core mission of protecting and enhancing the environment for the people of Ireland. We will shortly release our Strategic Plan 2013-2015 and will focus in the year ahead on working with all stakeholders and with the wider public to deliver on our vision of a clean, healthy and well protected environment supporting a sustainable society and economy.”
The Statement is available on the EPA website at http://www.epa.ie/news/statement/ .