The Irish Institute of Purchasing and Materials Management (IIPMM) has launched the National Procurement Awards, in association with Main Partner Accenture. The inaugural awards, which recognise the central role procurement plays in the economy, encompass two green categories:
* Green Public Sector Procurement
* Green Private Sector Procurement.
The other categories are:
* Overall Excellence in Procurement
* Procurement Leader
* Best Procurement Team
* Innovation in Public Procurement
* Innovation in Private Procurement
* Excellence in Private Procurement SME
* Healthcare Procurement
* Best Cross Functional Procurement Management
* Infrastructure and Public Works Procurement
* Best People Development Initiative
* Best use of Technology in Procurement
* Excellence in Procurement of Facilities Management.
The awards are set to take place in the Burlington Hotel on Tuesday, November 16th and will be hosted by former Prime Time anchorman Mark Little.
Judging for the awards will be under the auspices of IIPMM, the longest established and largest institute of procurement professionals in Ireland. A distinguished panel of judges will be drawn from state, academic and private sectors and will be co-ordinated by the institute.
IIPMM is calling on all organisations to consider their achievements in public and private procurement over the past year, and put themselves forward.
Entry is free, simple and now open. Further information about can be found by visiting www.procurementawards.ie. Closing date for entries is September 24th 2010.