According to a survey from emovis, a mobility solutions provider, it was found that members of the public view environmental sustainability as an important factor in relation to their transport options. As part of the emovis podcast series, ‘Going Places’, host Aidan Power interviewed members of the public through vox pops, to get their opinions and understanding on the topic of mobility.
Members of the public were asked to rate Ireland’s transport system, and gave it an average score of five out of ten. Some of the issues raised include: a lack of connectivity between public transport services, the need for more frequent services, overcrowding on public transport, the need for more services for smaller towns, and the need to improve facilities for cyclists.
Some of the additional key findings of the episode include:
- Interviewees agreed that environmental sustainability was an important factor for them. Respondents stated that they cycle, walk, or take public transport where possible.
- Respondents would consider buying an electric car, but some believe that the facilities for this need to be improved.
- On the topic of a congestion charge, some interviewees were against an additional cost to drivers. Others believed it would be effective in encouraging people to utilise public transport in place of their cars.
Darren O’Reilly, Head of Global Marketing for emovis said: “For the seventh episode in the ‘Going Places’ podcast series, we are excited to get the views of the public on the area of mobility. Transport and mobility have a significant impact on our lives on a daily basis, but their different aspects are often overlooked or misunderstood. It is important to get a clear understanding from members of the public regarding transport and how it can be improved.”
The podcast series aims to create a dialogue on the future of transport and mobility across Ireland and features key stakeholders and industry leaders, including senior representatives from the NTA, Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) and ARUP. Previous episodes of the video podcast have seen host Aidan Power take to the road in a Toyota CHR Hybrid to interview leading figures within the Irish transport and mobility ecosystem.
Episodes will be available on:
- emovis’s Ireland website – www.emovisireland.ie
- LinkedIn page – https://www.linkedin.com/company/emovis/
- YouTube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkwdi9_hLjmouWqYdTwldYg/