Glan Agua Ltd have signed the Contract for the Cavan Sewerage Scheme, Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrade.
The contract consists of the design, supply, construction, installation and commissioning of an expanded/upgraded wastewater treatment plant to accommodate a design capacity equivalent to a population of 30,000.
The works will consist of:
- Preparation of detailed design drawings showing proposed expanded site layout with interface to existing structures.
- Development of new green field site on opposite side of the Cavan River to existing treatment plant site to accommodate proposed upgrades and future capacity upgrades.
- Assessment of existing process treatment units to ensure structural integrity and complying with the design life specified in the works requirements for the existing structures.
- Construction of an upgraded/expanded wastewater treatment plant on land around and adjacent to the existing plant site located at Keadue Lane.
- Interface between new and existing treatment units as appropriate ensuring sufficient pipe gradients to ensure gravity flow where possible.
- Construction of a new 600mm single land access road
- Commissioning of the mechanical, electrical and process elements of the wastewater treatment plant and ancillary works.
- Provision of a detailed operation and maintenance manual for the wastewater treatment plant.
- Operation and maintenance of the existing treatment works during the Design, Build period followed by a 1 year Operation and Maintenance Process Proving Period for the entire upgraded/expanded plant subject to successful completion of the Testing and Commissioning period.